- Bow stabilizer consideration
- Best Bow Stabilizer Recommendations
- Compound bow stabilizer
- 1.Bee Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme Stabilizer
- 2.Trophy Ridge Static Stabilizer
- 3.SAS Archery Aluminum Bow Stabilizer
- Recurve bow stabilizer
- 1.Archery Essential Accessory Upgrade Combo 5-pin Bow Sight, Arrow Rest, Stabilizer, Braided Bow Sling, Peep Sight
- 2.Tabiger Archery Essential Accessory Combo 3-pin Bow Sight, Arrow Rest, Stabilizer – Black
- Bow Stabilizer Comparison Table
- Frequently Asked Questions
Many hunters, especially beginners, will appreciate the invention of the bow stabilizer. The best bow stabilizer will dampen any vibration and help you to have a much accurate shot. With such function, bow stabilizers are becoming more and more popular on the market. Not all of them are the same. Different bow stabilizers are more suitable for different situations and bow setups. Check our ultimate guide below for what you need to know before you make the purchase. In the end, there is the list of the best bow stabilizer you can find on the market for your reference as well.
Bow stabilizer consideration
With a lot of options on the market, you might find it a challenge to find and pick up the bow stabilizer which is suitable for your hunting’s requirements. Here are a few aspects you need to look at when you search for a suitable bow stabilizer:
Stabilizing vs. Silencing
It is a good thing that a bow stabilizer can be both stabilizing and silencing. A bow stabilizer is made of materials such as carbon fiber, rubber or aluminum. With its decent length and weight, you now can hold your bow more steadily. Also, the bow stabilizer helps to balance your draw and reduces the impacts of winds on your bow and your hands while you are holding the bow.
On the other hand, the materials and the design of the bow stabilizer help to reduce the level of vibration. Therefore, you will make less noise when you shot an arrow from your bow. It prevents startling your target effectively.
As a result, a bow stabilizer can help to enhance your shots significantly. However, keep in mind that some bow stabilizer will be better at stabilizing than silencing. On the other hand, some will be better at silencing. The difference lays in the sizes of these bow stabilizers. Small bow stabilizer can help dampen the vibration, but the weight of it would not be enough to balance the weight of the arrow and the bow.
Size Matters (length + weight)
Size does matter in case of bow stabilizers. The longer and heavier the bow stabilizer is, the better it will help any hunter to shot with more accuracy. However, in some cases, especially when you have to hold the bow for a long time while standing still, the additional weight of the bow stabilizer can become a burden.
Hence, if you often go hunting in the open area and don’t have to make the tree stand, you can go for a bow stabilizer which is more than 10-inch long and 8 ounces. On the other hand, if you are afraid that the weight of the bow stabilizer will make you tired quickly, opt for a smaller version. A bow stabilizer which is about 5 to 8-inch long and weighs no more than 8 ounces will be a good option.
Don’t go for a bow stabilizer which is too small. Anyone which is about 3 to 4 inches in length and less than 4 ounces in weight only reduces the vibration and won’t help you much with the accuracy of your shots.
It is a good idea that you look for a bow stabilizer which is adjustable. An adjustable bow stabilizer allows you to change its weights. You can do so based on your needs for different hunting conditions. You might need to reduce the weight of the bow stabilizer when you have to stand still for a long time. On the other hand, you might need to add more weight to your bow stabilizer in case you install other tools such as the quivers and the rests to your bow setup.
An adjustable bow stabilizer has removable weight discs or sidebars which you can add or remove to get the weight you desire.
Offset Bow Stabilizers
There are two main types of stabilizers which are the stand model and the offset model. The offset stabilizer helps to balance the weight of the bow, especially when other features such as the quiver or rest are added to the bow. Should you go for the standard one or the offset one?
- An offset bow stabilizer is more expensive than the standard bow stabilizer.
- You don’t need to use the offset model if your bow already has an offset mounting hole.
Overall, the choice of which bow stabilizer you should buy depends on the types of your targets as well as your specific needs of weight and vibration dampening.
Most of the bow stabilizers come with a wide selection of color for you to choose from. The choice of which color you should buy depends on your personal choice. You can choose the bow stabilizer with the color that matches your bow. Or you can also choose a bow stabilizer with the camo pattern.
Different manufacturers would have different warranty periods. Make sure you only buy your bow stabilizer from a retailer or the manufacturer that offers returns and exchanges. Also, check the warranty terms to make sure which conditions you are covered or if they repair the bow stabilizer for you in case it is broken, or there is a defect from the artistry or the materials.
Best Bow Stabilizer Recommendations
Compound bow stabilizer
1.Bee Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme Stabilizer
This bow stabilizer is made of carbon fiber. You can choose between 2 models of 6 inches and 8 inches in length. The weight of this bow stabilizer is adjustable with three discs weighing 1 oz. There are 12 options of colors for you to choose from including black, blue, green, red, and purple along with other patterns like Realtree Xtra. It features a Sims harmonic dampener insert and a large rubber dampener at the end of the shaft.
- This bow stabilizer is equipped with many innovative technologies such as the Sims Internal Harmonic Dampener and De-Resonator. They help to minimize vibrations effectively.
- Also, its weight is adjustable, and you can add three discs of 1 oz in weight whichever you like to meet your requirements for the ideal balance.
- While having a decent weight to maintain the balance of the bow, this stabilizer is smaller in diameter in comparison with other bow stabilizers. As a result, you can go hunting in the tree stand.
- This bow stabilizer is a little bit expensive in comparison with other bow stabilizers on the market.
Verdict: This is an ideal option for anyone who is searching for a bow stabilizer to be both stabilizing and silencing. You can choose the 6-inch stabilizer if you go hunting in the tree stand and the 8-inch stabilizer if you go hunting in the open terrain.
2.Trophy Ridge Static Stabilizer
This bow stabilizer is made of Ballistic composite material. You can choose between 2 models of 6 inches and 9 inches in length. The weight of this bow stabilizer is adjustable with two discs weighing 1 oz. There is a large dampener threaded at the end of the bow stabilizer. It features the style of a simple tube with threaded studs. This bow stabilizer is available in 2 options of colors including the camo pattern and pink.
- The weight of this bow stabilizer is adjustable with two units of the 1-ounce disc so that you can change the weight to meet your hunting requirements and your comfort.
- The material of this bow stabilizer is very lightweight, given the size, making it easier for you to move around when you go hunting. While being light in weight, it doesn’t lose any of its strength.
- Moreover, the design of this unit is capable of getting the wind to pass through. As a result, you can aim and shot most stable even though it is very windy.
- Unlike the previous modes of this bow stabilizer, it doesn’t come with internal dampers.
Verdict: This bow stabilizer is a great choice for you in case you are looking for a stabilizer to go hunting in the windy conditions.
3.SAS Archery Aluminum Bow Stabilizer
This bow stabilizer is made of the aluminum tube along with a metal rod. You can choose between 3 models of 5 inches, 8 inches, and 11 inches in length. It is available in 2 options of colors including the camo pattern and the black color. You can also choose among two options of weight as well- the 5.3-oz and the 6.5-oz.
- This bow stabilizer comes with the Extreme Vibration Dampening technology to make sure it is both stabilizing and silencing when you go hunting.
- It helps to counterbalance the weight of the bow when you shot your arrow.
- The design of this stabilizer is traditional and basic without any additional part. Therefore, it is easy for you to attach it to your bow and use it effectively.
- You can choose among three options of length for different needs of vibration reduction and stabilize.
- It doesn’t come with an adjustable weight.
Verdict: If you often go hunting in open terrain and aim for the best accuracy, choose the 11-inch bow stabilizer. If you want a bow stabilizer to move around freely, go for the 5-inch and 8-inch stabilizer. They are all good to use for beginners at bow hunting.
Recurve bow stabilizer
1.Archery Essential Accessory Upgrade Combo 5-pin Bow Sight, Arrow Rest, Stabilizer, Braided Bow Sling, Peep Sight
This bow stabilizer is made of rubber. The weight of this bow stabilizer is 4.6 ounces while the length of it is 3.5 inches. This bow stabilizer is available in 3 options of colors including the camo pattern, black, or carbon color.
- The package also comes with the bow sights, the arrow rest, the braided bow sling, and the peep sight. They are all of the tools that you would need when you go bow hunting.
- With its highly innovative molded vibration reducing technology, this bow stabilizer is great at reducing the level of noise when you shot your arrows.
- This bow stabilizer is waterproof so that you can enjoy going bow fishing.
- The small size and weight of this bow stabilizer make it easier to move around.
- With its lightweight, how it can help to stabilize the bow is not as good as other heavier bow stabilizer.
Verdict: This is the best bow stabilizer for you if you need to dampen the vibration and don’t feel comfortable adding more weight to your bow. If you have to do a lot of tree stand, this option is also perfect for you.
2.Tabiger Archery Essential Accessory Combo 3-pin Bow Sight, Arrow Rest, Stabilizer – Black
This bow stabilizer is made of rubber. You can choose among three options of colors including black, carbon and camo pattern. The weight of the bow stabilizer is 4.6 ounces, and the length is 3.5 inches.
- Besides the bow stabilizer, you can also have the bow sight and the arrow rest. These accessories can enhance your bow hunting experience a great deal.
- Overall, this bow stabilizer is lightweight and compact enough for you to use and store it.
- Given its size, it is capable of keeping your bow stabilized and dampened the vibration to prevent startling your target animal.
- The weight of this bow stabilizer is not adjustable.
Verdict: This bow stabilizer is suitable for beginner hunters or any hunter to tend to do a lot of tree standing.
Bow Stabilizer Comparison Table
|Bee Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme Stabilizer||Trophy Ridge Static Stabilizer
|SAS Archery Aluminum Bow Stabilizer
|Archery Essential Accessory Upgrade Combo 5-pin Bow Sight, Arrow Rest, Stabilizer, Braided Bow Sling, Peep Sight
|Tabiger Archery Essential Accessory Combo 3-pin Bow Sight, Arrow Rest, Stabilizer – Black
|Length||6-8 inches||6 inches||5-11 inches||3.5 inches||3.5 inches|
|Weight||Adjustable||Adjustable||5.3 to 6.5 oz||4.6 ounces||4.6 ounces|
|Vibration deduction||Yes||Yes||Yes for the 11-inch option||No||No|
Frequently Asked Questions
How to choose the best size for the bow stabilizer?
As you can see from the beginning of the article, a longer bow stabilizer would be better in term of improving accuracy for your shots. However, a longer and heavier bow stabilizer would make it harder for you to move around trees. Or if you have to do a tree stand, a longer and heavier bow stabilizer would be a burden. Here are the suggested sizes for different needs of your hunting:
- If you go hunting in open terrain or if you can handle heavy loads, go for a bow stabilizer with the length of more than 10 inches and the weight of more than 8 ounces.
- If you only need to reduce the level of noise or in case you go hunting in an area with thick layers of trees, go for a bow stabilizer which is less than 3 to 4 inches in length and weighs no more than 4 pounds.
- For most of the case, a bow stabilizer that is 5 to 8-inch long and 4 to 7-ounce weight is ideal.
Is a stabilizer essential for bow hunt?
You can do your hunting without having a bow stabilizer. It is not essential. But it surely helps with your hunting by a great deal. A bow stabilizer can help you to stabilize your shots, especially in the windy conditions. It also helps to dampen the vibration and reduce the noise which can startle your target animal.
Can a bow stabilizer help with accuracy?
The answer is Yes. But by how much would depend on the length of the bow stabilizer. The longer the bow stabilizer is, the more accuracy you can have with your shot. But keep in mind that with a longbow stabilizer, your bow is more likely to get caught among branches of trees. A medium long bow stabilizer which is about 5 to 8 inches is good enough if you need both of the stabilizing feature and the silencing feature.
That is all you need to know about bow stabilizer. This wonderful tool can add a lot to your hunting exercise, helping you to have more accurate shots by stabilizing your bow and dampening any vibration. You need to think carefully about the size, including the weight and the length, along with other features to make sure you pick up the best bow stabilizer for your hunting trips. I am sure that with careful consideration, you will be able to make the most informed decision.